Testimony of an NHL Enforcer
This might be the greatest hockey story ever told. I might be a little biased because, after all, it happened to me. Listen, I’m just glad I’m alive to tell the tale. I should not be alive right now. But we will get into all that.
Oh, and be sure to SUBSCRIBE to get stories sent directly from me to you. No Spam ever. Just an incredible and inspiring true story.
The destiny of this book is yet to be determined because it is still being written and edited. I have about 150,00 words written and it’s being polished and refined into an eventual 100,000 words.
The more and more I read through the manuscript and the more I edit it, the more I’m blown away by it. I can’t wait for you to read it.
That’s why I need you.
I want you to be a part of this writing process. I want you to be my teammate during this writing process so that we can get this story out into the world. I want to share this story with you right now, even before the book is printed.
The more I share the story with you now, the more the story takes form. So I’m going to share it chunk by chunk, bits at a time, to let it take it’s natural form.
You are going to hear how in 2014 I became the oldest rookie to ever make an NHL Opening Day Roster at 32 years old when I suited up for the Boston Bruins. It was a childhood dream come true.
After battling for 8 seasons in the minor leagues, and 150 pro hockey fights, I had finally made it to the top of the world. My life was perfect.
Then after only 3 games in the NHL, I got a concussion that ended my career. My life spiraled into a pit of depression, Post Concussion Syndrome, despair, and suicidal thoughts.
I was a goner.
It looked like drugs and alcohol were going to eat me up. I numbed myself over and didn’t feel anything anymore. But I always felt death creeping slowly toward me. He had me in his sights.
I was searching for anything to save me, to cure me. I went down to South America and drank the most potent psychedelic known to man.
I met demons there. They tried to get me. They almost did.
Then I went out to Colorado to smoke pounds and pounds of weed. Somewhere in that haze, I got lost out in the woods and was as good as dead.
But then a miracle saved my life.
A real-life miracle.
I went out to Colorado to get high, and I left a Christian convert, follower of Jesus Christ. How did this happen?
We are going to have to traverse through much insanity before we come to the clarity received in Colorado.
It’s going to be messy, yes. I can assure you of that. And I promise that it will be the truth. There isn’t any room for anything else.
This story is about the rise, the fall, and slowly clawing my way back again out of the pit. That’s where I am now. Still clawing. This book is a part of that clawing process.
I hope that it helps you in some way and inspires you to keep clawing.
Let’s get real, in a bare-knuckle kind of way.
Here are different ways you can hear the story before you officially hear the story when the book is published in mid-2019. Join me in during the process of writing and publishing my Hockey Memoir. It’s going to be a wild ride through the minor leagues of bare-knuckle fighting all the way to the NHL.
- Youtube Channel: BobbyRobinsPro will document this process of writing my book. You will be with me all the way through this journey. Along the path you will find out what happened to me when I made the NHL, and how it almost killed me. And most importantly, how I got Saved along the way.
- Bobby Robins: Open Book Podcast will tell stories about my hockey career and rise from the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin to the NHL. Each episode will follow the narration of the book and focus on key moments in my life. Think of it as an audiobook; or a series of episodes that get closer and closer to the truth as we follow the volatile career of a hockey fighter.
- Blog Posts: throughout this process, I will share interesting essays, chapters, and stories that jump out as I am writing and editing the book to give you an inside glimpse of the story. Plus, there’s other random blog posts of stuff I’m going through in this life. Hopefully it helps you in some way.
Do you want to be in my book?
I have an idea.
Let’s get your name printed in my book in the Thank You section. It’s pretty much like getting your name engraved on the Stanley Cup…er, maybe not, but it’s still pretty awesome!
Visit my Patreon Page and pledge $5/month to support me, and you will have your name printed in a THANK YOU section at the end of the book. This book is going to be HUGE. And you will have your name forever printed in the book with me saying, “Thank You!”
That’s pretty cool, right!?
Plus you will get:
- Extra bonus features not available anywhere else except on Patreon such as extended writing content that I’ll share every week so you can see my progress as I write and edit.
- A WEEKLY, private video-diary talking about my progress, victories, struggles, and intimate details of my writing process, life, and experience writing a book.
- A chance to win VIP tickets to the book release party (5 spots available). Names will be drawn from the pool of $5/month Patreons.
$15/month Patreons will AUTOMATICALLY receive a VIP invitation for you and a guest (or you and your family), to attend a Book-Release Party and spend the day with me as we celebrate the release of the book!
- Consider this a personal THANK YOU for your support and belief in me. We’ll enjoy food, music, stories, and more. It will be awesome!
- You will also receive (1) Autographed copy of the 1st Edition, signed by me personally at the Book Release Party.
- And you will get all the other goodies, freebies, and inside looks that the $5/month Patreons receive (VIP content, Weekly video diary)
LIMITED TIME OFFER!!
Thanks a lot for your support, it means a lot! I can’t wait to share this incredible story with you!!
Oh, and make sure to SUBSCRIBE!! I’ll send you cool stories along the way…
No Spam, just cool stuff directly from me to you.
See you on the inside.